WELCOME TO DIGITAL EARTH
Towards SMART Monitoring and Integrated Data Exploration of the Earth System - Implementing the Data Science Paradigm
Significant advances in Earth system understanding will only be achieved through better integration of data and knowledge from the different Earth science disciplines and Earth compartments. Improvement in this field strongly depends on our capabilities of dealing with fast growing multi-parameter data and on our effort employing Data Science methods, adapting new algorithms and developing digital workflows tailored to specific scientific needs.
Digital Earth has been strategically initiated by all eight centres of the Helmholtz research field Earth and Environment.
More information on contents of Digital Earth are available here.
General Concept of Digital Earth to enable a holistic view on the Earth System as a whole.
- 7 March 2019: ON AIR —Podcast on "Model Approach". Click here to learn more.
- 28-31 January 2019: Digital Earth members at the ENVRI Conference and Training School on "Time Series Analysis" in Tromsø, Norway. More details are available here.
- Special Issue "Upscaling and Downscaling Modelling and/or Identification of Relevant Scales and Thresholds for Environmental Impacts in Ecology by Remote Sensing". See here for details.
- September 2018: Digital Earth represented at the "Digitale Woche" in Kiel. See here for more details.
- 26-28 May 2020 Digital Earth Annual Meeting. Click here for the program.
- 27-28 February 2020 MOSES – DANUBIUS – DIGITAL EARTH Workshop at GERICS, Hamburg, Germany. Click here for the program (in German).
- 28-30 January 2020: 2nd Digital Earth Interim Meeting at GFZ, Potsdam. For more information click here.
- 7 November 2019: Kick-Off event for MarDATA Helmholtz School for Marine Data Science