WELCOME TO DIGITAL EARTH
Towards SMART Monitoring and Integrated Data Exploration of the Earth System - Implementing the Data Science Paradigm
Significant advances in Earth system understanding will only be achieved through better integration of data and knowledge from the different Earth science disciplines and Earth compartments. Improvement in this field strongly depends on our capabilities of dealing with fast growing multi-parameter data and on our effort employing Data Science methods, adapting new algorithms and developing digital workflows tailored to specific scientific needs.
Digital Earth has been strategically initiated by all eight centres of the Helmholtz research field Earth and Environment.
More information on contents of Digital Earth is available here.
General Concept of Digital Earth to enable a holistic view on the Earth System as a whole.
- Digital Earth Summer School on "Realizing Data Science": Call for application is open NOW!
- Digital Earth flyer available here.
- June 2019: Bridging PostDoc Call: All positions are filled. See here for details.
- June 2019: GEOMAR campain "Observing Seafloor Methane Seeps at the Edge of Hydrate Stability" Click here to read more.
- 26-28 May 2020 Digital Earth Annual Meeting. Click here for the program.
- 27-28 February 2020 MOSES – DANUBIUS – DIGITAL EARTH Workshop at GERICS, Hamburg, Germany. Click here for the program (in German).
- 28-30 January 2020: 2nd Digital Earth Interim Meeting at GFZ, Potsdam. For more information click here.
- 7 November 2019: Kick-Off event for MarDATA Helmholtz School for Marine Data Science