WELCOME TO DIGITAL EARTH
Towards SMART Monitoring and Integrated Data Exploration of the Earth System - Implementing the Data Science Paradigm
Significant advances in Earth system understanding will only be achieved through better integration of data and knowledge from the different Earth science disciplines and Earth compartments. Improvement in this field strongly depends on our capabilities of dealing with fast growing multi-parameter data and on our effort employing Data Science methods, adapting new algorithms and developing digital workflows tailored to specific scientific needs.
Digital Earth has been strategically initiated by all eight centres of the Helmholtz research field Earth and Environment.
More information on contents of Digital Earth are available here.
General Concept of Digital Earth to enable a holistic view on the Earth System as a whole.
- Digital Earth won special award "Digital Science". More information here.
- Digital Earth 2nd Annual Meeting Report 2020: Click here to see what has been achieved in 2020!
- Digital Earth Annual Report 2019: See what has been achieved in 2019 here.
- Invitation Public Online Session - Gain insights into activities and results of Digital Earth on Tuesday May 26th 2020. For details see here.
- Digital Earth Summer School has been postponed due to COVID-19. New date 15-20 March 2021.
- 20-24 Mai 2019: One year of Digital Earth - More than 50 Data and Natural Scientists met in Nový Kostel, Czech Republic. See here for more information.
- 25-27 February 2019: "Workshop on observation data QA/QC" organized by FZ Jülich at the Juelich Supercomputing Centre. More details here.
- 10-12 December, 2018: Digital Earth Interim Meeting at GEOMAR. For more information see here.
- 18/19 June, 2018: Kick-Off Meeting (GFZ, Potsdam)
- 19/20 April, 2018: Data Science Symposium at GEOMAR